The Judy Center
The goal of the Judy Center is to coordinate services to children and families through collaboration with community partners and educational services for children from birth to five for the purpose of promoting school readiness.
The role of the Mental Health Consultant at a Judy Center is as follows:
- Offer recommendations for classroom wide activities to increase pro-social behaviors
- Provide child specific observations and recommendations to prevent challenging behavior
- Facilitate weekly parenting groups for children birth to five in the community.
- Facilitate Early Childhood Mental Health training series for teachers about:
- Social-Emotional Foundations for Learning (SEFEL)
- DECA (Devereux Early Childhood Assessment)
Mental Health Consultant at Eutaw-Marshburn Elementary
Britney Pitts, LGSW
Mental Health Consultant At Furman L. Templeton preparatory Academy & The Historic Samuel Coleridge-Taylor Elementary School
Linda Callahan, LGSW